- Bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized university, or
- Professional or any other such qualification recognized by the Board of Management of PGIAR, Faculty of Graduate Studies, and approved by the Senate of the University of Kelaniya. Following qualifications can be considered under this provision for admission to Postgraduate Diploma Programs of PGIAR: Minimum of 10 years sustained practice-based experience with notable achievements relevant to the subject matter of the diploma at executive/ managerial level in recognized institutions or workplace or at public level. Strong written recommendations on the capacity of the candidate to undertake the program of study from specialists in the field will also be considered. See page X for details.
- Four year Higher National Diploma (HND) offered by the Ministry of Education; or
- Praacheena Panditha Avasana; or
- Attorney at Law qualification from the Law College of Sri Lanka, or
One Year [Two Semesters] | 30 Credits Earned By Taking the Prescribed Course Units + PG Diploma Research Assignment + Mandatory Field Experience of 20 Days* + Minimum GPA of 2.70.
Candidates who successfully meet these requirements shall be recommended to the Senate of the University of Kelaniya for the award of the Postgraduate Diploma.
* Museology candidates are exempted from this requirement instead they have to submit a Exhibition Proposal Document.